Install on any number of sites, as long as they point back to one main site.
(Includes 1 year of updates & support.)
Track AffiliateWP conversions, visits, and referring urls from external landing pages. This plugin allows AffiliateWP to collect more information from visits to external sites:
- referring url
The official AffiliateWP addon External Referral Links is limited and only tracks conversions. This plugin is useful if you have many sites and landing pages located on a different site from the one where AffiliateWP is installed. And will show more stats to your affiliates to motivate them. Otherwise, they may give up if they aren’t able to see the visits count or which of your external sales pages are converting best.
- NOTE: this plugin is reliant on the REST API extended addon which only comes with the AffiliateWP PRO and ULTIMATE plans.
- Tracks more info than the official addon.
- Has 2 modes – MAIN site and EXTERNAL site, so you can install just one plugin on all sites.
- You must install the External Tracker plugin on all sites, both the main site where AffiliateWP is installed and external sites (where data is collected and passed back to the main site).
- Install and activate plugin through Plugins > Add New page in Dashboard
- Navigate to Manage > Setting > Comment Reply Email to configure the plugin.
- Go to AffiliateWP > External Tracker, and select the correct site.
- For external sites, you must enter in settings from the main site where AffiliateWP is installed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is defined by “main site”?
- A “main site” means a site with AffiliateWP installed. All other sites in the same network do not count towards the main site. For example, you can have 1 “main site” with AffiliateWP installed and 10 other external sites connected to it…and you only have to pay for ONE (1) main site license.
Will the official addon “External Referral Links” still be needed?
- No. If using this plugin, you won’t need that AffiliateWP addon plugin anymore.
Does this plugin work with latest WP and AffiliateWP versions?
- Yes, this plugin works perfect with the latest version of WordPress and AffiliateWP! It probably works with older versions as well but you should always run the latest WordPress and PHP version for best security and performance. This plugin is used in my critical sites so you can be assured it works perfect.
Will this plugin slow down my site?
- No. It’s coded extremely lightweight. It does only the essential function and nothing more. Very lightweight. No heavy PHP processing or database queries. I’m an absolute speed fanatic.
What conversions does this plugin track?
- I’ve yet to try it in every scenario but I believe it only tracks sales. Not Gravity Forms submissions or other types of “conversions”.
Do you plan to add more features?
- Not at the moment.
1.0 – August 12, 2020
- Initial release
1.1 – November 28, 2020
- Default Referral Format option was added in Settings page.
1.2 – December 20, 2020
- License check, activate, deactivate
- Version Update detect and installation while the license period