My handy reference page for common cPanel server commands and configurations.
- Verify license
/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt --force– if this doesn’t work, check your license at https://verify.cpanel.net/app/verify
- Change PHP version – go to WHM > MultiPHP Manager
- Change PHP settings – go to WHM > MultiPHP INI Editor
- Manage them use EasyApache – check and uncheck the ones you want.
- Recheck disk quotas
/scripts/fixquotas– fixes the issue where user’s disk quota/usage aren’t updated immediately.
/usr/local/cpanel/bin/backup --force– manually force WHM backups
Security & Firewall:
- WP-cron triggering “suspicious process” warnings – can go to WHM > Plugins > ConfigServer & Security Firewall > edit Isf ignore file > put in the rules as per the template is section 8 of this official CSF suite. Reference links: 1, 2
- blocking countries from certain ports (list of country codes)
- Change FTP port
- Disabling ConfigServer & Firewall alert emails. (Run
service lfd restartif changes don’t take.)
- Is pass auth or SSH key auth not working? – go edit
vi /etc/ssh/sshd_configto allow permitrootlogin and pub key authorization. If that doesn’t work, can also try the same for
- Flush DNS –
- Is it not working? Not listing the files or showing some weird errors. Try see if it need to allow the Passive Port Range in your firewall. I had to do this after enabling ConfigServer Security & Firewall (CSF).
Random Issues or Website down:
- Check your processes to see if your CPU is completely overloaded. (WHM > Process Manager).
- Check your available disk space (WHM > Show Current Disk Usage).
- Check your email to see if any services are down. Restart them if needed.
- Comprehensive list of common logs.