Quick review of the best remote desktop software out there.
- BEST ONE (Team Viewer) – I love using it for everything. Managing remote use for clients or accessing your home desktop. At some point, if you get flagged for using the free account for business use, you’ll have to use Splashtop. 🙂
- CHEAPEST PAID ONE (Splashtop) – only $50/year compared to others that costs $200-300/year and don’t have any monthly options. Has virtually all the same functions as Teamviewer (remote desktop, file transfer). The graphics just don’t look as good, aren’t as clear but works great if your computers/IP are flagged by Team Viewer for commercial use.
But why not the others? (Ammy, GoToMyPC, Microsoft Remote Desktop)
Yes, I’m aware there are many others but they come with either of these shortcomings making them unsuitable for me:
- Don’t allow unattended access – you need to have someone at both computers to initiate connections.
- Don’t work for both PC & Mac – I have both so I need compatibility with both. If you only have one, your life will be easier.
- Doesn’t have file transfer – I really need this. So convenient!
- Expensive – many charge too much! $200-300/year.
There were other limitations too but I don’t remember all the reasons now.