A list of my favorite pagebuilders and why. I also include a list of my non-favorites for comparison reasons. I compare them on features, ease-of-use, speed, clean output code, and compatibility. For those who keep asking, I don’t like pagebuilders! This list exists only for people who insist on having one.
Best pagebuilders for WordPress:
- Elementor – the most popular, and powerful free-version. Cutting-edge pagebuilder with all the trendiest gimmicky effects/features. Newbies and non-coders should start here.
- BeaverBuilder – 2nd best, most stable and reliable. Preferred by more serious tech-savvy folks who prefer stability over features. Also nice that many devs like BB.
- LiveCanvas – a great raw HTML/CSS pagebuilder where you can code your site from scratch. Great for devs and coders to handcode things exactly as they like. (my review)
- Oxygen – great for developers wanting really lean pagebuilder experience. Arguably the fastest/leanest pagebuilder. Very aggressive marketing; you may or may not like his personality. I do love that the Oxygen community is full of dev-level users. (my review)
- Zion Builder – I hear more and more good things but haven’t tried for myself.
Gutenberg pagebuilders (not quite pagebuilders in the traditional sense, but can do similar things):
- Stackable – most polished UI, looks nicest of all Gutenberg libraries (except maybe Genesis PRO) but still some bugs in everyday use depending on what you do.
Pagebuilders I don’t like:
- Brizy – lots of complaints about bugs, unstability, poor UI/UX. But yes, it was toted as another good one, lightweight and less bloated.
- Divi – way bloated, tons of shortcode lock-in.
- Fusion Builder (AVADA) – bloated, one of the worst. You should avoid the theme it comes with as well.
- King Composer – hardly no one uses it and really bad.
- Site Origin – CAN be lean but I think it’s not popular among devs.
- Thrive Architect – not coded well compared to the rest of the market, slow!
- WPBakery – one of the worst!
- Visual Composer – basically a better version of WPBakery but still massively bloated. I hate the giant autoload entries in database.
- Fusion Builder – comes with those super bloated themes like Avada. Get rid of this and the whole theme!