A list of my favorite pagebuilders and why. I also include a list of my non-favorites for comparison reasons. I compare them on features, ease-of-use, speed, clean output code, and compatibility.
Best pagebuilders for WordPress:
- Elementor – the most popular, and powerful free-version. Cutting-edge pagebuilder with all the latest features. Newbies should start here.
- BeaverBuilder – 2nd best, most stable and reliable. Preferred by more serious tech-savvy folks who prefer stability over features.
- Site Origin – CAN be lean.
- Oxygen – great for developers wanting really lean pagebuilder experience. Arguably the fastest/leanest pagebuilder. Very aggressive marketing; you may or may not like his personality.
- Brizy – another good one. One of the more lightweight and less bloated.
Pagebuilders I don’t like:
- Divi – way bloated, tons of shortcode lock-in.
- Fusion Builder (AVADA) – bloated, one of the worst. You should avoid the theme it comes with as well.
- King Composer – hardly no one uses it and really bad.
- Thrive Architect – not coded well compared to the rest of the market, slow!
- WPBakery – one of the worst!
- Visual Composer – basically a better version of WPBakery but still massively bloated. I hate the giant autoload entries in database.
- Fusion Builder – comes with those super bloated themes like Avada. Get rid of the whole theme!