I give them free tips and point them to competitors with lower rates. Or let them know what things I can chop out to give a lower price.
Don’t even waste your time.
Don’t bother trying to justify value, ROI, benefits, blah blah blah. If they don’t see your value now, they certainly won’t see it later when you raise your rates and offer even better service.
After all my years of running a business, I know not to waste any time convincing people on my price. I’m doing exciting things. I’m passionate about my work. I work damn hard for my clients. I do everything I can to make their life better.
What does this client bring to the table?
- Are they a good person?
- Is it an exciting project?
- Can you grow or find personal satisfaction in this project?
- Can they afford your time?
There’s an unspoken agreement I have with all my clients:
- I’m willing to do extra work to get the job done right.
- They’re willing to pay extra to get the job done right.
Either we’re both in this together or we’re not.
The person asking for discounts off your base price is definitely NOT.
You know what to do with them. 😉