I’ve been recently involved in tackling international markets for one of my websites. And the task of creating subtitles came up. I went looking around for software and ultimately decided they were too much work.
- The software loads up your video, then has you typing the text and duration out.
Like I said, it’s too much work. So I found another option that’s much faster.
- Load your video onto youtube (put it in private if you don’t want people to see it)
- go here and enter in your youtube video address: http://www.serpsite.com/youtube-subtitles-download-tool/
- Download the transcription as SRT file
- Now open up the SRT file in a text editor and fix the words to match what’s being said in the video.
- Get a translator to edit and save the SRT file into other languages.
That’s it! How easy was that?!