Because I had basic issues setting it up myself.
But follow this guide and you’ll be having fun with WPCD in no time! More tips to come. 🙂
Steps to install WPCD:
- Install plugins – core, provider, whatever else you need (like WooCommerce subscriptions).
- Add encryption in wp-config.php – the line looks like this
define('WPCD_ENCRYPTION_KEY', 'your very long encryption key goes here');
- Paste SSH private key – choose your SSH key from dropdown in your cloud provider settings, then paste the SSH private key in the text field below it.
- Increase SSH timeouts to 300 – done from WPCD general settings page.
These steps alone should be enough to get up you up and running, and ready to setup servers.
Other suggested settings:
- Cloudflare DNS – to automatically configure your subdomains or staging sites.
- Hide DigitalOcean from provider list – useful if you don’t use DO. Do this from the “Misc” settings page.
Troubleshooting (random issues I had):
Because sometimes things don’t work and you start randomly flipping things all over the place.
- Incorrect SSH paste – cuz I pasted badly from terminal with extra spaces.
- Misc settings – increase timeout from 15 to 25mins (maybe needed for data centers far from your WPCD origin server).