Initial thoughts after deploying the AffiliateWP plugin on a busy site.
It’s amazing! But of course…what else did you expect from Sandhills Development? Anything made by Pippin (of Pippin’s Plugins) is always going to be A-grade top class stuff.
Let’s cover the plugin very quickly and why I think many WordPress sites should using it.
1. Best coded
Coded clean, updated and maintained by an A-level development team. Anything Pippin and Sandhills Development does is always the best.
2. Incredible features
You may think that you only need one or two main affiliate-tracking features but trust me, you will really appreciate all that AffiliateWP can do. Here are just a few below that saved my life (and not found in other affiliate plugins):
- Automatic payouts – this is huge! Saves you from time-consuming affiliate payments if you have many affiliates.
- Cookie tracking across multiple sites – being able to track sales even if they visited one site, but purchased from from another.
- Changing affiliate urls – so links look better and not so salesy.
- Direct link tracking – approved sites will automatically credit the referrer for any inbound links from that site.
- PayPal payouts – quickly pay everyone out in a few clients right from your WordPress dashboard.
- Zapier integration – I use this to automatically add new affiliates to my email newsletter. Also to automatically add affiliate banners to a Google Drive folder.
3. Many add-ons and integrations
Tons and tons, too many to list. See the add-ons page for yourself. Whatever popular ecommerce or membership software you’re using, I’m confident AffiliateWP will work with it. It’ll add tons of possibilities for growing your business.
- I’m also releasing my own addon plugin for AffiliateWP. Be on the lookout! 😉
4. Lifetime pricing
Yes, they have a yearly fee if you buy one of the small plans. But I didn’t hesitate at all jumping on their lifetime plan. It’s ONE PAYMENT of $499 and you get to use it on unlimited number of sites, access to all add-ons and integrations, lifetime updates and email support.
Best affiliate plugin on the market
Have I tried every affiliate plugin on the market? No. But I still strongly feel AffiliateWP is the best by far. Best code, cleanest looking, tons of features and integrations. Great support and ongoing development.
Don’t worry, I made sure I liked the plugin by testing with the single-site $99/year license and then paid the difference to upgrade to lifetime after 5 months. One of the best decisions ever.
- Try AffiliateWP today (affiliate link)
I like AffiliateWP so much I built 2 addons for it:
- A (free) migration script to go from Affiliate Royale to AffiliateWP.
- A (paid) addon to track conversions and visits from an external site. Details coming soon.