Are you a WordPress developer, tester, reviewer, or affiliate?
- Then there’s a good chance you’ll like my suggestions on this list.
- Have your own favorites to add? Suggest them in the comments.
Best WordPress Plugins for developers & reviewers
- WP Dashboard Notes – put colored notes in your dashboard. Great for creating TO-DO lists for yourself or other site admins.
- Dashboard To-Do List – another alternative, simpler.
- Better Search Replace or WP Migrate Lite – to replace content and text strings, or update links on your site.
- WP Reset – reset your site back to new, and have options what to delete during reset. You can choose what to keep (themes, plugins, etc).
- Plugin Groups – put plugins into groups to easily manage mass activate/deactivate. You can import/export plugin lists across different sites.
- WP Core – is a cloud-based plugin list to automatically download your favorite plugins. Super convenient to download all favorite plugins ASAP. You can even put custom plugins that aren’t on the WP repo.
- File Manager – easy way to access your site files without having to get FTP access.
- WPvivid Backup – because duh, back-up your shit! Create helpful backup points to restore from. All-In-One Migration is another great tool to create 1-file backups.
- MainWP – manage multiple sites all under one central dashboard. See server info, site info, handle management tasks like updates and backups, and more. Great pricing and open-source mentality. ManageWP is the main player in the space…slightly easier to set-up, arguably prettier UI, and faster dashboard…but super high pricing. EWWWW.
- Temporary Login Without Password – creates an auto-login link so you can get into the backend without logging. Great for passing around quick access without having to deal with passwords.
- User Switching – to test how things look/function from another user’s POV. Login as User is another alternative.
- WP Dummy Content Generator – create dummy content to help you simulate a busier site to test the site’s design or performance. It can even create CPT content.
- Duplicate Posts – quickly duplicate posts with 1-click. (Alternative: NS Cloner copies entire sites on multisite setups.)
- Multiple Themes – simultaneously activate multiple themes on your site, choosing which themes to activate on which pages. Useful to compare different themes, or different versions of the same theme.
- RTL Tester – in case you want to test text direction of RTL in your site (to verify themes & plugins).
Code & Performance:
- WP Server Health Stats – shows server information. Overall specs, load and resource usage, as well as PHP info.
- Query Monitor – shows all queries, allowing you to diagnose where performance or coding issues might be. Useful for tracking down problems in your themes or plugins.
- Debug Bar – great for seeing PHP notices and warnings. Checkout the many other useful Debug Bar addons as well.
- WP Console – use PsySH console from your browser. PsySH is a runtime developer console, interactive debugger and REPL for PHP.
- Code Profiler –
- Variable Inspector –