A handy reference page for common CyberPanel commands and configurations.
yum update, press “y” when asked
sh <(curl https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh || wget -O - https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh)(official link)
- To update (when new versions are available),
sh <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/usmannasir/cyberpanel/stable/preUpgrade.sh || wget -O - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/usmannasir/cyberpanel/stable/preUpgrade.sh)(official link, for most recent update instructions and quick fixes if you see errors)
Usual configs after installation:
- after finished, log into panel and create admin user account for client
- go to security/firewall and open port 7080 for LS console
- change LS console pass with
- log into LS console and enable brotli, WP security throttle (if you have LS Enterprise)
- take note of mysql root password with
cat /etc/cyberpanel/mysqlPassword(used for logging into phpmyadmin)
- php.ini limits must be increased for for CP (PHP7.0), and you should do the same for all other php versions as well
- Setting SSHD port in firewall
- SFTP (if you need it) – IP, root, root pass, SSH port, and make sure you choose SFTP protocol
- Go to “PHP > Install Extensions” if you any PHP extensions for certain plugins, etc.
- Check version –
- Update OLS –
yum upgrade openlitespeed
- View from UI at
- Or from terminal –
cat /home/cyberpanel/error-logs.txt(log files on CyberPanel)
- Important log file locations – https://cyberpanel.net/docs/log-files-on-cyberpanel/
- SSL not renewing properly – run the acme
wget -O - https://get.acme.sh | sh
- Need to edit SSL’s manually? Look in
- Need to check errors regarding SSL’s? Go to
https://serverip:8090/serverstatus/cyberCPMainLogFilein your browser
- Get phpMyAdmin pass –
cat /etc/cyberpanel/mysqlPassword(user is “root”)
- Restart control panel?
systemctl restart lscpd
- Restart mariadb
systemctl restart mariadb
- Changing mysql root pass? – edit
- Cron schedules –
/etc/crontabclear out unnecessary cronjobs eating up server resources (backups). Reference link.
- Restart database –
systemctl start mariadb
- If having database error connection issues, try changing DB user password to match what you have in wp-config.php. Also check mysql root password in
- Look for a (potentially) better mysql config? Try this.
- Need to edit mysql configs? You can find it in
- 404 errors, or .htaccess/vhost configs not applying immediately after updates? This issue can happen on OLS (which doesn’t support live htaccess updates). Try restarting LiteSpeed (Server Status > LiteSpeed Status > Reboot LiteSpeed).
- Terminal not working – make sure port 5678 is open in firewall, also
systemctl restart cpssh.
- Can’t connect to your panel on Amazon Lightsail? Go to the Networking section in Lightsail and open ports 8090 (for CyberPanel) and 7080 (for LiteSpeed console).
- Multisite – use child domains instead of domain aliases. Can follow our hosting documentation here.
- Troubleshooting diagnosis steps – https://cyberpanel.net/docs/troubleshooting-cyberpanel/
- Rpmdb open errors during upgrade, backup rpmdb
mv /var/lib/rpm/__db* /tmp, then
yum clean alland
yum update, and remove rpmdb backup if yum update works
rm -i /tmp/__db*.
- Generating SSL for mail domain.
- Setting up custom mail server SSL.
- Rainloop webmail giving “unknown error” – try restart
- Other email issues? Can make sure SELinux is disabled.
- Getting emails delivered
- Controlling backup schedule (time of day), for now can be done by editing cron job in
0 3 * * 0-6 root python /usr/local/CyberCP/plogical/backupSchedule.py.
Want to see general Linux server commands?